- Who is Book? He's mysterious in ways. "That ain't a shepherd." Damn...there's a lot to do with that character.
- Has Jayne really reformed? We've seen little things showing he may be heading that way (i.e.sharing the apples, shrinking back from Mal during their little spat in "Objects in Space", etc.).
- What "powers" does River have? Are they natural? Were they created by the Alliance doctors who operated on her? You'd think that they chose her due to some predilection for psychic ability or something and that their choice wasn't just random.
- Will Niska still pursue the crew of Serenity? My guess is that he'd be a recurring villain.
- Will Early show up again (yes, there are ways it could happen)?
- And so many other interesting possibilities I can't even count them all...but we'll never know.
Joss, you have created a wonderful show here. The cast and crew are amazing. The writers have done some great things. The production is of the highest quality. Firefly is an incredible hour of television. I commend everyone involved with Firefly. You are an incredibly creative and talented bunch of folks.
Fox executives, you're a bunch of stupid morons. You air puerile bullshit most of the time. You have a reputation for starting a great series and killing it before it has had a chance to gain momentum. You have done this with Firefly, and I'm angry. My wish is that Firefly will be picked up by someone else and aired successfully for many years, depriving you of viewers and income, and leaving you wishing you'd never fucked up.
The premise of Firefly has special meaning for me. I know, it sounds silly, but it does. I connected with the show like no other sci-fi I've watched in years. It's a show about normal folk, busting their asses, buying a crappy old ship, fixing it up, and taking off...to live free. It's a universal dream, and it was given a wonderful setting and population in Firefly.
If Firefly doesn't survive, I sincerely hope that the dream will go on. The dream of living free, of exploring, of taking off for points unknown and breathing the breath of adventure. Take this dream and make it your own. Don't "make a living"; LIVE!
No one can take the sky from me!